1. I got new glasses–my first prescription reading glasses in ages. I’ve been getting by on drug store glasses, but my eyes are tired in the evenings. These are Kate Spade and I love the style. And with insurance and a sale, the frames cost just $28. I can see clearly now, the strain is gone.
2. Today I finished reading The Nazi Officer’s Wife by Edith Hahn Beer. Edith was a young lawyer in Vienna when the Nazi’s invaded in the 1940s. She knew that if she was caught, as a Jew, she would be arrested. When a Nazi officer proposed, she confessed her true identity. He didn’t care, loved her and married her anyway, and she lived out the war hiding in plain sight. I recommend this book as a way to imagine how it would feel to live in fear every moment for years. She comes out triumphant but not unscarred.
3. I’ve been planning a trip, one of my favorite things to do. I’ve spent hours this week browsing Trip Advisor and Booking.com. Do you have any favorite trip planning sites to recommend? Are you a scheduler or do you like a more spontaneous vacation? I would plan every minute if I didn’t rein myself in and allow some flexibility. The research on each place is almost as fun as being there. What’s your style?
4. Related to travel, I’m on the hunt for shoes that I can power through and walk in all day. My running shoes are comfortable, but I’m looking for something dressier than tennies or trainers. Any advice?
5. Happy Spring! I know it’s been a LONG winter for some of you. What are you looking forward to as the weather warms this new season?
How about you? What have you been up to this week?