1. The photo of the 2 bicycles is a happy accident. If I had tried to plan a shot of 2 bicycles moving opposite directions with 2 young girl riders and a pup in a basket — well, it probably wouldn’t have happened. Isn’t this fun?!
2. I’m super excited for spring because I have visits planned to both my daughter and my son. We’re flying to Kansas City and later to Saginaw, Michigan. I can’t wait to see so many of the people I love dearly. And to top it off, we’re meeting my granddog pup Huntley. Here he is in the snow. We hear he loves to swim in water, too.
3. I recently read the book, The Spy Who Came in from the Cold by John le Carre. What a magnificent story of deceit and intrigue. The twist at the end amazed me. Some say that this book from the 1960s is the model for many spy stories. Now I’m reading A Murder of Quality by the same author. If you enjoy elegant writing, a puzzle of a plot, and characters who come alive, you will enjoy le Carre’s books.
4. Recently I went shopping for a tripod. The one I have is so old that I’m not finding a way to attach my camera. Do you use a tripod sometimes? Often? Do you travel with one that’s not too heavy to lug around? The camera shop expert recommends this one. Any advice?
5. A big thank you to Nancy for reopening her blog and once again hosting this enjoyable link-up. Nancy, I’ve missed you and your writing and your beautiful dogs. I’m so happy that you’re BACK!
So how about you? What are up to this week as we officially welcome spring?
Linking up with Random 5 Friday.