1. Running. I started the Couch2 5K running program as summer began. I’m still running! The surprise is how good I feel, how energetic. The first day I was set to run 22 minutes without stopping, I was nervous. The weather was hot, I had never run that long (ever!). When I got to the grass field, a young dog bobbed around, off leash. Her owner stood by but let her greet me. As I took off, the little dog leaped around me, cheering me on. I had my own angel-dog, letting me know we could do this. And I made it the whole way, grinning.
2. Reading. I’ve been reading every book written by Deborah Crombie. I discovered this author only this year. I don’t know how I missed these. This week I’m on my 12th one, Water Like a Stone. Scotland Yard, villages with names like Nantwich and Barbridge, and characters named Gemma and Duncan. If you enjoy British murder mysteries, check these out.
3. Candy Crush. I am addicted to this game. I may be playing it on both my computer and my iPad. I may need an intervention.
4. Movies. We have not been to a movie theater this summer, which is unusual. Nothing came along we really wanted to see. Have you seen any movies lately you would recommend?
5. Peace. This photo of the open gate is, to me, a picture of peace. I love gates. They seem to give an invitation to come in, relax a while, leave behind your worries. This summer has been a time of joy and also more health issues and stress. Peace has been scarce. I’m thinking maybe this next season will be calmer.
How has your summer been this year?
Linking up with Random 5 Friday.