Here are my 5 randoms for this week.
1. I love caramel apples. More than apple pie or applesauce or apple crisp. These fancy apples look intriguing in the store window. But I think I’d still rather have just the caramel and the apples. We did go inside the store and ended up with cups of gelato. Yum!
2. My Friday find is my new mug with the paw print of Atticus M. Finch.
He is the mountain climbing dog whose story is told in Following Atticus. This year, Atticus was diagnosed with cancer and had a “toe” removed. He’s in chemo now. “Onward, by all means” is the motto of Tom Ryan, his owner. Onward, through cancer and surgery and still onward, climbing another mountain. We’ve battled the same kind of cancer this year. Yes, onward, by all means. I’m going to treasure morning coffee in my new cup.
3. It rained here yesterday. We haven’t had rain since maybe back in April. (No one can remember exactly.) We got a whopping .07 inches. So it took me an hour longer than usual to drive home. When it rains (however slightly), the freeways clog and halt. Traffic is paralyzed. Today we’re back to sunny skies, normal traffic.
4. I’m looking into joining a gym. In a few weeks it’ll be dark when I get off work. No more runs around the schoolyard. Do you belong to a gym? What do you like about it? Any advice?
5. We are watching The Voice this season. I love that the coaches encourage the singers, even when they don’t choose them for their team. The singers head home disappointed. But something positive is said to each singer. The coaches are kind. We can never have too much kindness in this world. A kind word can be just the thing to inspire us onward, by all means.
How is your week going?