Is spring showing up yet where you live? My find this week is a batch of yellow tulips. And what says “spring” more than this sunny flower? Tulips don’t grow wild around here; we have to find them at a store or nursery. That makes me appreciate them all the more. They make me smile.
My random five this week are links for you to enjoy.
1. Do you listen to TED talks? They started as Technology, Entertainment, Design talks on inspirational ideas. My boss brought this one to our department meeting. It’s worth sharing.
2. I’m reading The Likeness by Tana French. It’s the second in a series of crime mysteries set in Dublin. The writing is intense and rich You feel like you are sitting in a room with the characters, they are so well drawn. The stories are full of intrigue. You’ll be drawn into these intriguing stories set in rough and romantic Ireland.
3. Here’s a treasure of yoga videos you can do in your home whenever you can grab a few minutes. The teachers are from a respected studio in Los Angeles. I’m trying the hip extension class and the exercises feel great. Check out the website: Udaya. New classes are added every month.
4. My daughter and I had such fun looking for wedding music — first dance, father / daughter dance, family entrance song. Here’s one of my favorites we considered.
5. I’ll leave you with a bit of wisdom from the esteemed Dr. Suess:
“I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it’s a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, and that enables you to laugh at life’s realities.”
How about you? How is your week going? Do tulips grow where you live?