Have you heard of the Leibster award? I’ve been nominated. Thank you, my blogging friend Eva!
1. Each nominee links back the person who nominated them.
2. Answer the 10 questions which are given to you by the nominator.
3. Nominate 10 other bloggers for this award.
4. Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
5. Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them.
Here are Eva’s questions and my answers.
1. What inspired you to blog?
I wanted to write little bits of encouragement. We all struggle with something, right? I figure anyone reading could use a boost. When a reader comments that a post brightened her day — that’s my reason for blogging. A totally unexpected bonus surfaced after I got into posting. You make new friends, from all parts of the world! The interaction with others has been the best surprise and delight.
2. Besides blogging, what is your favorite thing to do?
Travel! I’m always ready to explore new places. A quick trip to San Francisco was our last trip. We rode bikes across the Golden Gate Bridge and walked for miles up and down the hills of this quaint city. And we rode the cable cars for miles and miles.
3. What is your most prized possession?
My camera. I saved gift money from many birthdays and Christmas to buy a DSLR. Then I saved again and just bought a 35mm lens. I’m happy with my camera in hand anywhere I go. Sunsets, flowers, mountains, rivers, the ocean — the world has so much beauty to be held in each image.
My daughter got engaged in June! The wedding is March 2. We are SO excited to welcome our new son-in-law to the family. 2013 was also a year of medical issues, so the contrast of this happiness helped balance our lives last year.
5. If you could go back in time to change one thing, what would it be?
We have woefully few photos of my kids when they were young. With film cameras, every shot cost money and time. Now I wish I had a better record of their childhood.
6. What are the top five on your bucket list?
This question makes me realize I need to make a bucket list! Off the top of my head, I’m thinking these would be on it:
Learn to play the guitar
Ride a gondola in Venice
Hike in Yosemite National Park
Write about history for children
7. What are your favorite ways to unwind?
Can I choose two ways? Hiking, especially in the mountains. We live near the San Diego River and surrounding hills. An hour hiking there is so relaxing, even though a main road is less than a mile away. Here’s how “my” mountains look this winter.
8. What was the last book you read?
Speaking of murder mysteries, the last book I read was The Brutal Telling by Louise Penny. Her stories are set in Quebec and Montreal. The French culture, the settings in the pines, the characters, and the theme of light in the cracks all make for cracking good reads.
9. What is your favorite quote and by whom?
The invariable mark of wisdom is to see the miraculous in the common.
— Ralph Waldo Emerson
10. What social media platforms are you currently on?
Facebook every day, Twitter a few times a week, Instagram now and then, and Pinterest when I’m shopping or creating. In a perfect life I would be less addicted to Facebook, tweet more often, and connect my blog and Pinterest. Some day . . .
In accordance to the Liebster law, I’d like to nominate the following bloggers:
Your questions are the same ones I answered. Why tinker with something that’s fun?!
- What inspired you to blog?
- Besides blogging, what is your favorite thing to do?
- What is your most prized possession?
- What was a significant milestone for you in 2013?
- If you could go back in time to change one thing, what would it be?
- What are the top five on your bucket list?
- What are your favorite ways to unwind?
- What was the last book you read?
- What is your favorite quote and by whom?
- What social media platforms are you currently on?
Thanks again, Eva. And happy blogging to all!